Twenty minutes before recording, Sean O’Meara’s first company, Impos, was acquired by Jonas Software – but his attention remained resolute.
In true tech founder form, Sean started his journey in a garage but his recent company, Doshii, as been backed by Reinventure (Westpac) and Coca-Cola Amatil and aims to change how Point of Sale (POS) systems connect venues to the apps around them.
Sean is a big believer in conceptual design, testing and failing to learn as quickly as possible to solve problems.
For more episodes, follow the show on your favourite podcast app.
- 16 years on from starting the successful Australian point of sale system, OrderMate, Mark Calabro and Shannon Hautot have invested over $2 million in seed funding for another tech startup, HungryHungry.
- OrderMate put Mark and Shannon in a strong position to understand the retail market providing point of sale software to over two and a half thousand Australian venues and has processed more than three billion dollars worth of food orders – that’s a lot of data.
- The subsequent knowledge that that’s brought, now has Mark and Shannon driving this new online ordering platform and QR ‘order at the table’ tech, with HungryHungry.
- This is an interesting wave in mid-market retail at the moment, that previous guests Stevan Premutico and Kim Teo are also acting on.
- If you’re in hospitality retail – tech or ops – this is one to pay close attention to.
For more episodes, follow the program wherever you get your podcasts.